Eat It

My boyfriend, who turned 40* yesterday, spent this weekend in Las Vegas with a morally questionable but lovable friend. My man and I have visited the depths of hell together recently (thanks for your warmth and hospitality!) and are currently vacationing in purgatory. We do intend to get to heaven, but I have not yet seen the light. You can likely deduce that I was not a fan of this trip. Not. At. All.

Let's do a little math:

Mid-life crisis + depths of hell with girlfriend + unlimited (free) booze + unlimited (expensive) boobs + legalized prostitution =

One Very Troubled Woman

Who needed comfort food. So, yes, I'm going to share a recipe. I had very little in the house, having been on my own little excursion with my other boyfriend (not to worry, he's gay) for the weekend so I had to make due with the very bare (no pun intended) essentials I had.

Tortellini with Italian Sausage and Olive Oil Herb Sauce
(feeds 1-2, because I'm sick of recipes for 4 people)

1 C Barilla Three Cheese Tortellini
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
dried basil to taste
dried parsley to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
2 links of hot ground italian sausage (foreshadowing?)

1) Brown the sausage and drain once done on a paper towel
2) Prepare the tortellini according to the package
3) Meanwhile, melt the butter and cook garlic approximately 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat (do not brown)
4) Add olive oil
5) Mix in all of the dried herbs and pepper flakes, stir and cook for 1 minute on low heat
6) Place aside away from heat
7) Mix tortellini, olive oil sauce, and browned sausage in a pot---serve immediately sprinkled with parm cheese if desired.

VOILA! Sex in a bowl...which only made me think of that damn Vegas trip.

*Note: I am only 32--remember that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful I Suppose

Dislike

Vacation Day 2: I Think this Post is Actually About Food