I Get to Go Shopping

In these trying economic times I have been making a conscious effort not to buy "stuff". Except weekend trips...for some reason I can't say no. But that's what miles are for. However, I got a letter in the mail (dated three weeks ago, because I just don't seem to get around to checking the mailbox all that often) telling me my lease was up in four months.

Whaaa?? I've been telling people it's up this spring, but in my head I kept telling myself I had until August. Yet another thing about me I can't explain.

Apparently not. This minor detail slipped my mind--maybe it was all the DRAMA I've been wound so tightly in over the past few months. So, very quickly I need to fix the dent in the back that resulted in chronic neck problems, the dent on the side where my boyfriend hit my car, and the mysterious scrape that magically appeared on the front bumper. Damn valet.

So, now I'm car shopping! I have to have a car, right?! How exciting! Something I have no choice BUT to buy.

I have no idea where to start. I'm torn between getting a luxury cross over--Infinity EX anyone? Or buying something basic (think Hyundai Santa Fe), seeing as I have just 30,000 miles on my vehicle after almost 4 1/2 years. I know I want to sit above the road--call it a self-esteem booster. I justify an SUV or cross-over by the fact that I now have a dog. Yes, a little dog who weighs only 30 lbs, but in my mind he's a Rhodesian Ridgeback and needs some space. We do call him a baby Rotweiler. It counts.

Totally open to suggestions...please.

P.S. I saw "He's Just Not That Into You" and the moral of the story is...he is. We're all exceptions. BOO! See it, you'll know what I mean.

P.P.S. I highly discourage seeing it with your boyfriend. Especially one that won't marry you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful I Suppose

Dislike

Where have all the good people gone?