P.iY.T.

I am quite surprised at how upset I am over the death of Michael Jackson. Celebrities die everyday. What makes this so different?

It kinda feels like a kick in the gut when you're down.

Despite the controversy in later years, he was and always will be the King of Pop to whom many of us pledged our allegiance years ago in our red leather jackets and glitter gloves.

Our country has not been in the best of places this year, and to lose an american cultural icon who defined an era and influenced so many seems unfathomable right now. Not that Ed and Farrah should be discounted, but Michael Jackson? 

Along with him goes a little piece of my childhood--dancing by myself and committing every song on the Thriller album to memory. God, I wanted to be that model in "The Way You Make Me Feel" video.  Discovering Off the Wall and the genius behind such an awesome talent. I don't know that there was ever an MJ song I didn't like.

In memory...

Gonna leave the nine to five up on the shelf, and just enjoy yourself. Groove, let the maddness and the music get to you--life ain't so bad at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Record

Home...Alone

Observations on Twitter