Here we go...

Welcome 2010. Another decade gone, although this one seemed to go faster than any other in memory. I became an "adult" in the 2000's, and it's no secret that the older you get the faster life passes you by.

If you let it, that is. Like all of life, there were successes and disappointments these past ten years but no shortage of living. Let's see, I:

1) Got engaged, then didn't get married.
2) Moved to Atlanta.
3) Reigned in a ladies man.
4) Scaled several rungs of the Corporate ladder.
5) Adopted my first puppy.
6) Traveled to Belize, Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Bermuda, St. Martin, Galapagos, BVI, and most of the 50 continental United States.
7) Took up writing / blogging once again.
8) Learned to cook (and I'm damn good I might add).
9) Enjoyed new friends, old friends, new family, old family.
10) Found myself.

Not bad for a single decade.

While I make no specific resolutions, I go into this next decade with a very clear sense of self, and clear (although not developed) ideas about where I'd like my life to go over the next 1, 5 and 10 years. I won't make plans, but I will have goals. It's nice to have a clean slate and purpose.

Not to mention lack of a hangover. We spent a quiet New Year's together--just me, Scott and the pup. Saw a movie, got some Mexican and laughed at how out of touch we are with today's celebrity. Dick Clark was about the only person we recognized.

This morning, I start this next decade with a view of the lake, biscuits and gravy and my passion for the written word.

Let's do this....

Comments

  1. My friend/Client is an aspiring writer with a flare for turning mundane life experience into challenging & inspiring satire....Go Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful I Suppose

Vacation Day 2: I Think this Post is Actually About Food

Dislike