Reluctant Business Traveler

It's no secret, I am not a fan of my required work travel. As the Regional Vice President for Atlanta, one might have thought more local meetings on the ground with clients. Not so much. I spend more time in Texas, North Carolina, Arkansas and Oklahoma than someone who dislikes barbecue, doesn't trust cowboys and is terrified of tornadoes ever should.

But I've been running this schedule since 2007 with only a brief reprieve and admittedly when I'm grounded for too long, I get bored. Unfortunately, grounded hasn't happened in some time so boredom is not in my vocabulary. I long to be in our new home with my very near future hubby and small black furry child. I miss the hell out of them.

Over the years I have learned not to get my feathers ruffled when flights are cancelled. I've stopped expending energy wishing for upgrades. And I write letters to Delta for entertainment purposes only. I actually heart Delta and will do my best to always remain loyal to their newer, cleaner, planes and well-fleeted wifi.

I have no idea how long I will need or be able to keep this up. Or if I will ever stop being afraid of flying. What I do know is that I can only make the best of it.

In doing that, the best part is the appreciation I have for my family that heightens when I am away. Something about 35,000 feet just makes me all weepy. There's nothing like coming home, and I suppose sometimes it takes being away to realize it.

Please return your seat backs to their full and upright locked position. We've been cleared for landing, and I'm headed there right now.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful I Suppose

Dislike

Where have all the good people gone?